SAKURA BLOOM :: SLING DIARIES :: ALL THE LOVE :: STRENGTH

i am beyond thrilled and so very honored to be a part of this wonderful series. the Sakura Bloom Sling Diaries. For the next six months i will be documenting my baby/toddler wearing entries here on the blog for The Sling Diaries Volume V :: All the Love. Each month we are given a new theme to inspire our diary entries. i look forward to sharing a piece of my heart with you. To connect with you all through this journey. Thank you for your support and love. So without further ado...

this month's theme :: STRENGTH



strength :: this word holds many meanings.
courage, without fear, physical power, endurance, perseverance.
all are important. vital to life.

sweet solomon. 

your name, solomon thor. 
it means wise peaceful strength.



we prayed and talked over your name for weeks, months.

your daddy and i, we knew that your name would speak over you.
would lay the foundation for your life.
little did we know, that your foundation would begin hours before you were born earth-side.



birth is a powerful miraculous thing.
a lot is to be said of birth.
and you my son, you taught me true strength through your entrance.

through out my pregnancy, 

two words were a constant.
trust. surrender.




i had to push my fears and doubts aside.
i had to place them into the hands of the Creator, daily.
i had to surrender them.
i had to trust in Him.
that He would guide you, 
through my body,
safely into my arms.

i struggled in labor with you.
i tried to do it all on my own.
sure, i looked to your father for support.
our midwife for guidance.
our birthing team for prayer and encouragement.
but where i failed, was in my human flesh.





i prayed for wisdom.

i prayed for safety and peace.
i prayed for strength.
i willed my body to birth you.

what i forgot,

is that He was right there with me.
waiting for me.
to trust in Him.
to give Him my all. 
to surrender to Him.
and He would lead the way.

in a moment, 
that i will never forget, 
i experienced the most amazing, 
invigorating, life changing, 
pure love, take your breath away, 
whole and complete moment.
it was the moment that i surrendered.
that i surrendered all of me.
i gave Him all.of.me.
every single piece.



i placed you back in His hands.
it took every ounce of strength i had.
physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual strength.

the strength that comes through surrender.

the moment i surrendered, 
things changed.



i was stuck. unmoving.
i feared you would never come.
i feared that i would lose you.
the rabbit hole of what-ifs began.
and then this song played…
i sang and meant every word, 
with every part of my being.





Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and you won't start now

So I will call upon Your name

And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine




my littles, this is my prayer for you.
this is what i hope you will take with you.
that true strength comes in the surrender.
the surrender to give all that you are, 
regardless of the fear and doubts you may have. 
to place your life in the palm of His hand.
that you know strength to be something of a daily existence.
not just one extraordinary event.




i hope you will see in me, 
the moments i take to remind myself of that strength.
that surrender to Him.
in the moments i rock and sing to you in the living room.
the same living room i labored with you.
the moments you cry and need comforted, 
in the same space we welcomed you into the world.





i hope that these moments, 
these snapshots, 
will bring you encouragement.
remembrance of what occurred.
that you will not fear life's blazing speed.
that you will trust the promises He has given you.
that you take all of that strength, 
and that you live it every, single day.





it takes a strong one to make a choice.
the choice to surrender.
it's one of the hardest choices to make.
you my littles, you are those strong ones.

and you are the ones who have taught me of that wonderful strength.

xoxo

mama

i am wearing solomon in a sakura bloom single layer luxe in persimmon. 


::fun fact::
the photo with me holding my daughter is when i was in my third trimester.
the photo of him and i on the birthing ball,
we are in the same spot i was in with my daughter,
same sling, same birthing ball...

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! You amaze me MY little and I am so encouraged and moved by your words. I love you my beautiful! Now about those slings, like you just asked me, "what did you do without a sling?". And ya know, now after having u used and been involved with the "sling community"I really don't know. They make such a difference and the babies seem to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and powerful - I love how you as a mama embody strength. You're setting such a beautiful example for your children! xoxo

    ReplyDelete