I AM

who am i, team beach body, the nesting elm, beachbody, light legacy
"Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light."
-- Brene Brown


Who am I?
its a question most of us struggle with.
its a rediscovery that occurs with each new phase of life.
for me, every time we have welcomed a new little one into our nest...
this is the question that taunts me. that drags me down.
Who am I?

this past week i finally reached out...
for help.
for postpartum depression. come to find out, it was more than just that.
i have postpartum depression/anxiety and ptsd.
one of the tools i was given was to journal.
to write down many things, but the one that i want to share right now is this.
who am i?

so...I AM.
what? who?
well it turns out i am many things.

who am i, team beach body, the nesting elm, beachbody, light legacy

I am...
a wife to Ryan
a mama to Eden, Solomon, Caleb and two angels.
a daughter
a sister
a friend

I am...
a dreamer
a writer
a photographer
an artist
a creator
a business owner
a lover of the little things. those things that most don't see. hear. feel.

who am i, team beach body, the nesting elm, beachbody, light legacy

I am...
1 in 3
1 in 4
1 in 6
1 in 7.
if your not sure what that means... those statistics stand for,
postpartum depression/anxiety, ptsd, miscarriage/baby loss, rape, abuse.
all of which, one day i hope im strong enough to share.
i am a victim.
i am a survivor.

I am...
so much more than all of that.
and its not a thing i should feel guilty or sorry about.
i should be PROUD of who i am.
and daily i am working on that.

many don't know that my name means: pure light.
in times of darkness im reminded the truth of who i am.
its why my business is named Light Legacy.
i want to be the person who finds the light, the gold, the good in people.
i want to inspire and encourage those around me to shine.
i want to leave a legacy that screams, I didn't give up. I kept shining. I kept loving.
thats what my team does. we inspire. we encourage.
even when its hard. even when it hurts. even when it feels like its all crashing down.
we CHOOSE to spread that light.

who am i, team beach body, the nesting elm, beachbody, light legacy

i love when life presents things to reaffirm doubts you may have.
i wasn't sure if i was going to share this so soon...
however, there was a social media movement that started yesterday,
it was within the company i work with.
Team Beachbody.

#IamTeamBeachbody.
where coaches, like me, share parts of their stories and what it means to them.
they are sharing their journey, share how this opportunity has changed their life.
so what better day than today, to share why #iamALSOTeamBeachbody.

I am Kate.
I have big dreams to inspire and leave this world better.
I have the opportunity to represent a group of incredible people.
those that...
that inspire community, that rallies support of one another,
that truly is helping people live. happier, healthier, fuller, and more meaningful lives.
I am light. I will shine. no matter the darkness.

who am i, team beach body, the nesting elm, beachbody, light legacy

so i ask this question...
Who are you? I want to know.
xoxo,
kate